Tuesday 17 October 2017

rainbow warrior bombing 10 July 1985

“Get out of here squadron!!! “ I screamed at the top of my voice. Booooom! Those nasty french, they're bombing us but we won’t go down without a battle!
“OH GOD!” a bomb went off beneath my feet I was still alive and decided I needed to get outta there. I grabbed the emergency life raft and 5 others climbed in with us. I ordered an evacuation and we got off the boat. We were out at sea and finally returned home 3 days later. As I returned my wife was crying and hugged me super tight.
“I’m ok… we’ll be ok.” I whispered softly. That night the was footage of the bombing watching it flowed back memories. I lost my best friend that day, Fernando Pereira, tears dripped down my face.

2 years later a law was made. No more nuclear things in NZ!
“YAAAAAS” I yelled, my wife comes out and we celebrate with a cider each. 1995 memorial was held.  

This was a social study and I had to put myself in the shoes of one of the Greenpeace people

3 comments:

  1. hello it is Caitlin i like this but where they out at sea or where they at a­ulkland harbour??? just maybe check your facts but i like this cheers
    Caitlin b the awesome one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridget this is cool but next time could you do a different format of writing E.G diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    My name is coco, i am from Walkowhal prlmary school, i like the way you writing the story about the French Attack New Zealanders, this is very nice, maybe next time you can do more word and everyone well like you story.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I am Bridget and am wanting to make a few online friends. your blog is like how you say things about yourself and commenting helps attract people to your blog. so leave a good comment and I might come to your blog!

1. Introduce yourself, tell me something interesting about you
2. Give me some feedback and be specific!
3. Tell me a joke and make a connection, it's your comment so own it.
4. Give your blog address so I can come!

Thanks
Bridget