Saturday 24 September 2016

HUNTING ARGUMENT

Hunting isn’t a nice sport to play. In fact I don’t even call it a sport, I call it a game of slaughter. When you go hunting you are trying to kill an animal, And if you don’t clean the animal, you shot, it will start stinking and other animals have to suffer the horrible death, and stench. I think you should be the one who cleans the animal up!


Hunting is bad for the environment & endangered species. Sometime inexperienced hunter mistake a species that is ok to hunt with a endangered species. An example of this in NZ is the takahe, which are endangered, being mistaken for pukeko and accidentally murdered.
Trophy hunting is also a big problem.Trophy hunting is when you go to places like Africa and hunt big game animals  like, lions , tigers , giraffes and elephants, ete.
This is a problem because soon the endangered species could become extinct! An example of this is the white Rhino, it was hunted to almost extinction by trophy hunters  who just wanted tuskes for ivey. This is why hunting has a negative impact for many living things.




You may not think this, but when you go through the bush you might  stand on a native plant. When you go out you don’t look down to see what you are treading on, that means the plants can be driven to extinction and will die out. If you make a path to a hunting area, and cut down a native tree, then you are destroying the bush. If you do that in the wrong place, like a national park, you can be fined for it.

Hunting has some good things about it too. First of all you can get free meat and if you're trained it takes only minutes to find an animal. The hormones in the animal change to frightened when they can see you clearly, this means the meat at the supermarket has those hormones. While when you kill the animal without it seeing you, means the meat is fine. So therefore hunting is cheaper then the meat at the supermarket you buy.


Hunting keeps the population of lots of animal down. Lots of animals breed quickly and cause destruction to our natural environment. This will affect native animals that need the food the pests take for themselves. For example the humble stoat, he will sneak away into native bird borrows and take the eggs for himself like a kiwi’s, he can also climb up trees so he can catch his prey. Goats keep the prickles down but can take a native plant for a
different plant and eat it, and animals in the wild can eat our native plants too, they could wipe out the native plants. So even if it is sad to kill an animal, the hunters keep pests populations down.


A thing to think about is do you want to hunt? It is a decision every hunter has thought about, think carefully. The last thing you want is to make a wrong turn in your life and take the wrong path. I know I don’t want to hunt and kill the poor animals, they deserve to live and so do you. What I mean by that is some hunters kill their partner by accident or the hunter is so focused on the animal they nearly walk off a cliff. So why hunt, why take this risk of your life? Some say it is for fun, some say it is good exercise, yes that is true but think…   do poor animals like elephants need to be killed just for the tusks? I don’t think they have to die, this is why I am standing up and saying animals have a right to LIVE!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bridget. Thanks for sharing. I both agree and disagree with some of the points you have raised. I have tried both caged and free-range pork. The free-range pork is distinctive as its taste is much richer and flavoursome. I think stress hormones definitely have an impact on overall task. Do you eat meat sold by the supermarket? If you do, what is your preferred method for the slaughter of these animals, and, what is the most humane way to mass produce and process commercial meat? I personally am against the hunting of big game in Africa. I'd like to thank you for raising this as I think you have given a class a great new debate topic! Mr S-W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridget. Thanks for sharing. I both agree and disagree with some of the points you have raised. I have tried both caged and free-range pork. The free-range pork is distinctive as its taste is much richer and flavoursome. I think stress hormones definitely have an impact on overall task. Do you eat meat sold by the supermarket? If you do, what is your preferred method for the slaughter of these animals, and, what is the most humane way to mass produce and process commercial meat? I personally am against the hunting of big game in Africa. I'd like to thank you for raising this as I think you have given a class a great new debate topic! Mr S-W.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I am Bridget and am wanting to make a few online friends. your blog is like how you say things about yourself and commenting helps attract people to your blog. so leave a good comment and I might come to your blog!

1. Introduce yourself, tell me something interesting about you
2. Give me some feedback and be specific!
3. Tell me a joke and make a connection, it's your comment so own it.
4. Give your blog address so I can come!

Thanks
Bridget