Friday 29 July 2016

My Monday Morning

‘And then I fall off the… ‘ it was a dream, I lie in bed half awake half asleep. My eyes are groggy with sleep dust and my lips are dry from last night with no water,(radio alarm) “remember, today is Monday, the first day of the school and work term so children will be going back to…” the radio doesn’t get to finish the sentence off because I turn it off and groan, “...school”. It must be 6.45am, the time I set my alarm though it feels like I have been woken up by a storm at 3.52am. The dueves get pushed off with the sheets, and I feel for my green monster slippers and blue and grey dressing gown.


I grab a bowl out of the cupboard, with a very empty box of nutty crunch. As soon as the packets gone I realise that I’m having a small breakfast and gobble it all up like a racing car. I then have a shower it is so warm I don’t want to get out but I know I have to. After a good ten minute shower, I do my hair get  dressed grab my chrome
-book and bag then  jump in the car beeping and tooting the horn like an angry bird. Mum finally gets annoyed enough and comes out of the house, I can see she is grumpy and doesn’t want to drive me to school because she has to drive to Christchurch. I sit down and wait till I get to the warm room 6, in this icy cold car…

7 comments:

  1. Well done, Bridget. Lots of fantastic description here and great humour. I think the way you started the piece was very unique and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi it's me Ella.
    Awesome Monday morning I think the start was real cool but the end it didint make much sence.
    Please look at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great imaginative writing Bridget. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi i'm Lily from Waikowhai Primary School. I really enjoyed your story because of your describing words. Keep up the awesome work! Also You are welcome to cheak out my amazing class blog which is http://wpsross.blogspot.co.nz/, and please cheak out my blog too http://wpslilym.blogspot.co.nz/ and feel free to leave a comment on either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi i'm Lily from Waikowhai Primary School. I really enjoyed your story because of your describing words. Keep up the awesome work! Also You are welcome to cheak out my amazing class blog which is http://wpsross.blogspot.co.nz/, and please cheak out my blog too http://wpslilym.blogspot.co.nz/ and feel free to leave a comment on either of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lilly for that great comment! Next time could you give me some feed-back for next time please. but other than that thanks.

      Delete
  6. Hi I'm Mishka, you are very imaginative and your writing is excellent! I love how you describe everything and the humor in the story is very enjoyable.
    Feel free to view my new blog http://gmsmishkal3718.blogspot.co.nz/
    Greetings, Mishka.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I am Bridget and am wanting to make a few online friends. your blog is like how you say things about yourself and commenting helps attract people to your blog. so leave a good comment and I might come to your blog!

1. Introduce yourself, tell me something interesting about you
2. Give me some feedback and be specific!
3. Tell me a joke and make a connection, it's your comment so own it.
4. Give your blog address so I can come!

Thanks
Bridget