Thursday 16 August 2018

Teacher strike!

Wednesday the 15 of August was a big day. Not just for the teachers,
but the parents and the whole country. The children enjoyed it of course but the parents were stressed out.
Up in Auckland, Jeremy wells took a busload of kids to the zoo for free.
But that is only for a few kids. The rest of the country had to deal with children
and a lot of people had to get babysitters or work from home.


It had been over 24 years since the last time they striked.
It wasn't only for a pay rise but for more teachers.
They all wanted better pay but none knows if the strike had an effect on the government,
and there may be another one soon!

I think that the teachers need more money for the amount of work they do at school and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I am Bridget and am wanting to make a few online friends. your blog is like how you say things about yourself and commenting helps attract people to your blog. so leave a good comment and I might come to your blog!

1. Introduce yourself, tell me something interesting about you
2. Give me some feedback and be specific!
3. Tell me a joke and make a connection, it's your comment so own it.
4. Give your blog address so I can come!

Thanks
Bridget